Owing to the digital shift towards mobile devices, employees can truly work from just about anywhere. But in order to stay productive, mobile employees need access to company resources and data from any device, at any location. And IT Managers need to simply make peace with the fact that many employees would be bringing their own mobile devices and applications into the workplace. However, this not only results in additional devices to manage, but also additional security threats including the risk of losing corporate data. Under such a situation, companies need a way to efficiently control their data and the ways of sharing it. Small and medium sized businesses face an even greater challenge, since they lack the resources to properly manage all these new devices and applications.
A cloud solution provides the most cost-effective way of securing company-information in today’s work-from-anywhere culture. The BYOD trend is forcing organizations to adopt cloud-based services for Mobile Device Management (MDM).
As an owner of a small business or an IT manager at a mid-sized business, you might have several doubts and questions in your mind regarding this. Rest assured, we’re here to answer them for you.
There are significant challenges inherent to supporting a BYOD environment However, you can now minimize these challenges by delivering application and device management through a single cloud console that also integrates with your System Center Configuration Manager infrastructure This makes way for consistent management across devices, utilizing features such as
- Authorization of proper role-based access levels.
- Separate group policies for personal and corporate devices.
- Managing and supporting apps across iOS, Android and Windows devices, from a single location.
- Active Directory for device authentication.
- Policy settings for managing Wi-Fi, corporate email accounts, and media options
In a BYOD environment, data segregation is a great way manage and secure company information. Segregation of data enables the company IT administrator to precisely control critical corporate-data while maintaining user-experience and privacy. by utilizing these features:
- Ability to block third-party mobile applications from accessing company data.
- Removal of all company applications and data from an employee's device, without affecting their personal applications and data when they leave the organization.
We, at Arth System, are experts in implementing such solutions for our clients, providing peace of mind.